It has been nearly 15 years since I discovered the wonderfulness that is the crock pot! So easy to throw in a few ingredients, set it, and walk away. Hours later, dinner is served!
Today’s recipe is my take on beef pot roast. This is a family favorite in my home.
- 1 – 1 to 2 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 packet of Lipton’s Dry Savory Herb Soup mix*
- ¼ teaspoon of dried dill
- 1-3 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 to 1 ½ cup of baby carrots (more if you desire)
- 5-6 cubed baby red potatoes (more if you desire)
*NOTE: You can use any dry soup mix you desire for a different flavor. I have also used Lipton’s Beef Onion Soup mix.
In a bowl, mix together the soup, dry herb soup mix, dill, and garlic and set aside (becomes soup mix). Place the roast in the crock pot and cover with a layer of the soup mix. With a fork, turn roast over and coat the other side with the soup mix. Place baby carrots and cubed potatoes around roast, and cover remaining ingredients with the soup mix.
Set crock pot to high for 6-hours.**
**NOTE: I usually will turn the roast over and submerge any potatoes and carrots at the halfway mark (if I am home).