It’s Recipe Wednesday!
If you are a fan of Doritos Cool Ranch-flavored chips, this is the recipe for you! Seriously – the flavored chicken below plus tortilla chips could pass as a Doritos doppelganger. And bonus, my kids will eat it. And that right there makes this recipe a win-win!
Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T chili powder, 1tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp of each of the following – salt, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder)
- 1 dry ranch seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T dried parsley, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp dried onion flakes, 3/4tsp dill, 1/2tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Traditional ranch seasoning packets also include 1T dried buttermilk but I omitted it because I don’t keep it on-hand.)
Combine all ingredient in crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauces and spices left in crock pot.
TO FREEZE & COOK LATER:
- Combine all INGREDIENTS in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water.
- Follow cooking DIRECTIONS above.
Serve on soft tortillas with your favorite taco toppings. YUMMY!
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Comment below!