There is something about April that makes my heart sing! Maybe it’s because it bridges the gap between winter and spring; April’s spring rain cleansing the dirt and grime left behind from the melting snow and ice that was kept at bay by salt and sand. The temperatures increase just enough to get out into the yard to pick up litter, sticks, branches, and to cut down dead flowers/tree limbs from last season in order to make way for new ones.
Whatever your April plans may be this year, here are a few bucket list suggestions to partake in with your kiddos:
- Plan day trips to one (or more) of the locations listed in the Mid-Michigan A to Z blog.
- Put on your rain slickers and jump in puddles to see how big of a splash you can make.
- Stop by the MSU Butterfly House and see the butterflies. Limited dates!
- Plant flower seeds in seed starters.
- Attend a Lansing Lugnuts’ game! Go Nuts!
- Check out the exhibits and events at the MSU Science Festival (April 7-23).
- Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd by attending an Earth Day program at Fenner Nature Center.
- Plan to attend Harris Nature Center’s Stewardship day on April
- Gather up some pine cones, smother with peanut butter* and roll in bird see
d to create a bird feeder.
- Attend MSU’s Small Animal Day on April 22nd!
*If you or someone you know has a peanut allergy, you can substitute peanut butter for soy-nut butter.
I’d love to hear about what you have planned for the month of April! Please comment below!