This is one of those recipes that I am not really sure what it should be called. The original recipe was given to me as a chili recipe several years ago and through those years, I have omitted things and added my own spin on it, so what we have now, we lovingly call “Mexican Stew”.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked (fat drained)
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped (use more if you like more)
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro leaves (optional)
In a large pot, combine the cooked ground beef with the jalapeno, white onion, and garlic. Next, add diced tomatoes and chili packet. Last, add the can of yellow corn.
Cook until all ingredients are softened and cooked through. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Below are a few optional ingredients we have tried over the years.
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of chili beans, drained
- Splash of V8 Juice
Try a combination that you like and let me know how you like it! Comment below!