Yeah, it’s June! June is my FAVORITE month and not just because it’s my birth month! I LOVE JUNE. It’s finally warm, but not too warm. Flip flops are the only way to go (when not going to work) or even better, barefoot with the warm sand between my toes. The beaches aren’t too busy, but yet you don’t feel all alone. Sandcastles, swimming, sunblock and SUNSHINE!
Here are few June bucket list items to consider:
– June 1st – 4th – 40th Annual Curwood Festival in Owosso complete with Kids in Curwood Country parade on June 2nd beginning at 6p. Kids’ Day is Sunday, June 4th.
– June 3rd – Be a Tourist In Your Own Town returns to Lansing with over 90 local attractions participating in this one-day event! To find a location to purchase a passport, click here!
– Spend a day at the beach! Bring sand toys, fish nets, and goggles to explore the beach and water around you!
– Strap on some comfortable shoes and hike through a nature center. Mid-Michigan is home to a lot of walking trails. Create a nature BINGO card and cross off when you locate a particular tree, see an animal, etc.
– On the heels of hiking, try geocaching! Not sure what geocaching is? Check out this link for more information.
– Backyard Camping is where you’ll find me this month! You don’t have to go to a campground to enjoy a night of roasting marshmallows, singing songs, and sleeping beneath the stars. Look for our future “Backyard Camping” blog for fun ideas on this topic.
– June 23rd, 24th, & 25th – Strawberry Festival returns to Anderson & Girls Orchard in Stanton.
Still not sure what you’ll do this month? Maybe something on our A to Z blog will strike your fancy!