So this is nothing to new, but it’s something that my boys and I enjoyed doing last week during what was supposed to be a rainy day. The weatherperson was terribly wrong and it only rained 10 minutes, but by that time, we had the crayons soaking, labels peeling coming off, and the oven already preheated. So, what can you do?
This is a SUPER-SIMPLE craft that you can do with kids and you don’t really need to have anything special on hand, just a handful or more of old crayons.
What You’ll Need:
- Old crayons
- Muffin Tin
Yes, that’s it – two things! This may become my favorite ‘craft’. It’s SO easy. To make things even easier, submerge crayons that still have labels on them in water to help loosen the labels.
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove labels and dry the crayons. Labels can be discarded.
- Break crayons into small pieces, but not too small.
- Place crayon pieces in muffin tin in any combination you like.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until all crayons have melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, crayons should pop out. If they do not, place muffin tin in freezer for a few minutes.
My boys enjoyed this so much that we made several batches and color combinations. And, they’ve asked if we can do it all over again!
Have you tried this? What color combinations were your favorite? Any words of wisdom for our other readers?